As a general rule, bring anything that says "important tax document" or is a 1099 or 1098. You can't use your last pay stub to file.
Forms to bring:
NYS driver’s license or other photo ID
- All wage statements (W-2)
- All retirement income statements (1099R)
- Statements of Self-Employment income (1099M) (try to recall any associated expenses)
- Social Security Statements (1099SA)
- Unemployment Statements (1099G)
- If you received a 1095A (from the health ins marketplace), we'll need to see it
- Statements reporting interest earned (1099INT)
If you are applying for the EIC we'll need social security cards, birth certificates, and proof of residence for your children
- Statements reporting dividends (1099DIV)
- Statements of Stock/Fund sales (1099B)
- If you purchased or sold property this year, bring the closing statement
- Your 1098s reporting mortgage interest paid. if the 1098 does not report property tax paid, bring your tax receipts
- If we have not done your taxes previously, please bring a copy of last year's return
- If anyone in your family attended school (post high-school) this year we'll need the 1098T from the school; if paying student loans the 1098E (both these are generally available online)
- If you expect to itemize deductions, add up any charitable contributions
Have any questions?
Use this form to get in touch.